Friday, March 20, 2009

Ben Hubbard

Today was a lot of fun. After my Intro to Food Science final, I went to Lap Swim at Hickey pool with Heidi. Turns out I suck at swimming. But it was fun anyways and she tried to teach me proper strokes and egg-beaters. I'll get better at it next quarter. Swimming today was my first opportunity to wear my neon purple/green speedo since forever ago. That was fun. After swimming we went back to Thompson and spray painted Heidi's entire bike and my bike seat bright orange. It looks legit! After the spray paint job was done, I was in my room realizing I didn't want to take a shower after not being sweaty, so I just put on my running shoes and ran over to Toomey Field. At Toomey I stretched and then ran a 6:25 mile. That's good for me. Especially since the only running I've been doing recently has been on a treadmill, and I wanted to try out my new muscles in a real life situation.

Good news! I actually found the pull-up bars that everyone's been talking about at Toomey field. It's like the third time I've tried looking for them all Winter quarter. They are in the farthest corner behind a huge gray storage shed. Did my pull-ups, then ran back to Thompson. Said Hi to Heidi with sweat dripping down my face, then did an assortment of crunches and perfect push ups.

I've been hanging out with Heidi a lot recently and she's a great partner to exercise with. Lol she went to lap swim from 12-1 and then from 5-6 today.

Fuck no late night on Fridays...

In unrelated news, as we were biking back from Hickey pool, we saw some people playing Disc hoops on Russell Fields. I yelled, "Frank Huguenard!" at them. Heidi swears she heard somebody answer, but I didn't see any frank.

Today was a good day to go 4 hours shirtless. Can't wait for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment